Model Railway Exhibition
A massive Model Railway Show is steaming into the English Riviera on Saturday 22nd July – the perfect opportunity for fans both young and old to see more than 12 model railway layouts in a variety of scales from tiny Z gauge to O Gauge.
The event is being held from 10am to 4.30pm at Churston Ferrers Grammar School. The English Riviera has a strong railway heritage especially with the Dartmouth Steam Railway.
With a strong railway heritage, this is bound to be a popular event and is a great opportunity for people to enjoy nostalgia in miniature, for others to learn about a new potential past time or simply appreciate the care taken to create a Model Railway.
It’s being supported by clubs and modellers from around the South West, with layouts including:
- Hookhills Viaduct, one of the viaduct designed by Brunel and is on the Dartmouth Steam Railway.
- I Ad That, a Hornby Dublo three rail layout.
- Hobbiton End, based on JR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings.
- C.E.G.B Tregellion (B) Generating Station, a Cornish power station.
- Calstock's Halton Quay, based on a quay in South Wales.
There’s free parking on-site at the school and there is a small admission fee.