REOPENING 13th APRIL 2021
Hurray!! At long last we have some very good news for you all.....
We are reopening on Tuesday 13th April. Things may change a little as we progress but we'll keep you up to date here - so check back regularly!
Between 13th April and 17th May we will be running steam trains each Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Train times from Paignton → 10:00, 11:15, 12:25, 14:10, 15:20 & 16:40. . . . .
Dartmouth River Cruises (c.1hr circular cruise from Dartmouth) will also be in operation. Take your cruise at 11:00, 12:15, 13:30 or 15:15. Between 13th April and 17th May we will be running this cruise each Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
We are proud to have been accredited by VisitEngland as "Good To Go" - the industry standard for reopening following COVID-19. Click here to view our certificate.
We will not restart with all of our services but have introduced a streamlined service for the time being. Simply use the links on the home page to explore your trip with us - we are so looking forward to welcoming you!!
We have published a "Reopening" booklet where you will find all sorts of helpful information. Please do read it here.
We have been working extremely hard to ensure that we meet all government guidelines and rest assured, we will not put the health and wellbeing of our customers and staff at risk.
Train and ferry/cruise passengers must wear a face covering on their journey to help reduce the risk of Covid-19 transmission. Face coverings include but are not restricted to, surgical face masks. These face coverings should cover the mouth and nose while allowing the wearer to breathe comfortably and can be as simple as a scarf or bandana that ties behind the head to give a snug fit. Children under the age of 3 should not wear face coverings. Children aged from 3 to 10 can wear face coverings, but they are not required to. Those aged 11+ are required to wear face coverings.
Here are some of the things we have implemented so far (and see photos below):
- We have put screens up between the seating sections in the trains and are now working on our vessels (all will be complete before we open of course).
- There will be reduced capacity upon our restart and we will revisit operating procedures when government guidlelines are issued.
- We have implemented allocated seating on both the steam train and the Dartmouth River Cruise vessel(s).
- The shop front has been reduced to allow a one-way system.
- The Head of Steam Cafe at Queen's Park Station has been screened to keep both our customers and staff safe.
- The steam train carraiges will be more frequently deep cleaned regularly - including the use of a sanitiser fog machine.
Stay tuned for updates and more information
- and we hope to welcome you all aboard again soon.....